8.17.2007

HP 7

I read the last four chapters to W last night, so we now know that Dumbledore cast down the Balrog, Harry and Hermione took the ship from the Grey Havens, and Hagrid remained the keeper of the Golden Compass. My favorite part was when Ron met Peter, Edmund and Lucy after stepping through the door of the stable.

Seriously, we're done. I think we both felt a bit of loss--there's not any more to look forward to, except the moment when our children discover the books. Hey, that's not so bad!

Without providing details, I will say: I felt most vindicated re: Severus Snape. I didn't foresee the details, but I did more or less peg his place in the story correctly. W and I both really enjoyed the fact that little details throughout this last book referred backward through the previous six--even to Year One.

1 comment:

hayumbone said...

Okay, that first paragraph was priceless. Love how you even worked in horrible Philip Pullman.

She wrapped up everything pretty well. I'm content, if not wholly satisfied. But as I said to some other friends, if everything was tied off -- or even perfect -- what would be left to talk about?