11.20.2006

Missing Friends

On Saturday, W and I watched a videotape from last year around this time, labeling its contents. It was from The Little Boy's first birthday and other doings. The most poignant part in a considerably poignant exercise was seeing and hearing footage from our trip to Chicago. I especially enjoyed hearing Blakbuzzard's comment on the sloth: "awwww yeah, that's what I'm talking about."

Some people come to occupy places in one's heart that time, space, and circumstance cannot shake or alter. Thank you, Buzzard and Hambone, for being irreplaceable, even if it means a stab of the bittersweet every now and then.

2 comments:

blakbuzzrd said...

Zzzzz...zzzzz...zzzzz

Hey, I was just pulling a bit of the ol' sloth right there.

We miss you guys something fierce, bro.

Smoking my pipe is pretty darn lonely these days.

hayumbone said...

I've read, gone away from, and come back to this post several times, not knowing what to write. (Except that Randall discovered a distant familial relation at the zoo, of course.)

Before Thanksgiving, I was wondering if we could coax y'all to bring the kitties and come up here for the holiday, but then realized how busy you'd be finishing up the semester and that you have so much family so close, that would be silly. But I sure thought about it hard.

Miss you too