8.16.2006

Life with a Toddler, Vol 9

Today is the day that I consider myself "back in school" for the new year--classes don't start until the end of the month, but you know the deal with faculty and grad students: we don't really get time off.

Anyway, W and The Little Boy were kind enough to drive me to school today, since I had two armloads of stuff to bring to my office. Once we pulled into the parking lot, he excitedly asked to go see my office. When we told him that I had to go to work and they were going home, his face completely fell and he murmured, "okay."

After not seeing him for five days? The way his face fell nearly slayed me then & there. I now realize that he'll know when I'm not around this year (and that's likely to be quite a bit). Dangit.

Special preview: "Life with a Toddler, Vol 10" coming soon. Featuring: tractors!

No comments: