5.02.2013

Reinvention Part Two


















Ah ! it is so with me : oft have I press'd
Heaven with a lazy breath ; but fruitless this
Pierc'd not ; love only can with quick access
Unlock the way,
When all else stray,
The smoke and exhalations of the breast.


--Vaughan, "The Shower," st. 2


I took an online inventory of "character strengths" at Authentic Happiness (this is another step Haidt recommends in his book), and after a 240 question quiz, it gave me the following results for my top five:

1.  Honesty, authenticity, and genuineness
2.  Industry, diligence, and perseverance
3.  Caution, prudence, and discretion
4.  Love of learning
5.  Forgiveness and mercy

(The sixth wasn't bad either--it was "Judgment, critical thinking, and open-mindedness")

The lowest scores?  Out of 24 possible...
 22.  Social intelligence
23.  Hope, optimism, and future-mindedness
24.  Creativity, ingenuity, and originality

No comments: