1.21.2013

Monday Update, long weekend edition


















It used to be that the semester would start right after MLK day, but for some reason that was seen to cause problems with the semester schedule, so we get this long weekend after basically a week of classes.  I am not one to complain about the way schedules work out, but some of my colleagues do not like it even a little bit. But then, I imagine that there's nothing that completely satisfy them.

So far, the teaching appears to be fine. Two full classes of second-semester freshmen will test my fortitude, but in a good way:  most of them are pretty smart. Even the one who is doing her best to let me know that she is not impressed with my goofy persona.

Everything else is falling into a pretty reasonable pattern:  The Runner is training for another half-marathon and also has me working out with her at the gym a couple of days a week--circuit training, which is a new thing for me.  Lefty has decided that he has all sorts of things to say and that he is not to be trifled with.  Little Red is still climbing into bed with me in the middle of the night every night. Number One Son is full of vim & vigor, and is especially enjoying the scatological humor he should be enjoying at this stage (even if it dismays his mother).

All three of them are really enjoying the Lego toys a great deal more since we've had them all out and readily available.  Actually, The Runner and Little Red ended up sorting almost all of them by color last week, which is really something to see now that they've finished.

I'm not feeling great, so I'm not especially inclined to write much.  But I do get an eye exam tomorrow and can hopefully get a new pair of glasses. I expect that they will look much like the old pair of glasses, only without the feature where they detach easily at the nose piece.

No comments: