4.20.2012

The situation as of now




1.  Little league is a "hit," no pun intended. Number One Son is having a great time with his team and at the games.  His coaches are encouraging, his attitude is bright and cheerful, and the facilities in our town are pretty nice.  If only they weren't having games at 7:30 pm on school nights.

2.  Casey is now living at our house--we picked her up yesterday.  She is a three month old lab/husky mix with an incredibly sweet temperament.  She loves the children, and apparently loves the dogs next door.  Our first night in the crate was accident-free.  She has been going leash-free in the back yard all afternoon.  Little Red AND Number One Son are both absolutely in love. 

3.  The main trainer of this sweet puppy will be The Runner, since she is the one who is at home all day most days.

4.  I spent part of this week effectively blind--something got a hold on me on Saturday evening, and by Sunday evening, I was so bad off that I was sitting in my darkened bedroom with a cold compress over my eyes.  My eyes were completely red.  We thought pink eye for sure.  I suffered my way through teaching on Monday and went to the doctor on Tuesday.  Diagnosis:  super-ultra allergic reaction.  Thank goodness for steroid eye drops.

5.  This is the penultimate Friday for the semester.  It doesn't seem possible that we are done so soon, but isn't that the way time works?  Always shortened in retrospect.


1 comment:

Dad/Pappy said...

This is a great post. I love the fact that Jonathan is enjoying baseball and that a new addition to the family has arrived in the form of the family mutt! She is a beautiful puppy and I know the boys will love her.

Sorry to hear about the problem with your eyes and hope it never repeats itself.