6.09.2010

loose bits















 I had to complete an exercise the other day in which I listed three things about myself (two true, one false).  It got me thinking:  are there other interesting things about me that might not be general knowledge?  These are all true:

1.  I've flown in the cockpit of a commercial airliner.
2.  I've sung karaoke . . . in Japan.
3.  I've fed pigeons in Trafalgar square.
4.  I've stood for "Dixie" while it was being played by a British military band.
5.  I've fallen off my bike while stopped at a stoplight.
6.  I've owned (and tried to play) what many consider the worst video game ever made.
7.  I've done a scuba dive on a sunken hotel.
8.  I've waded several miles in waist-deep floodwater . . . and then squished directly into McDonald's for dinner.
9.  I've stood on the spot where Magellan was supposedly slain.
10.  I know first-hand what an APC-mounted 14.5 mm heavy machine gun sounds like.

I don't have any idea why I made this list . . . these things were just rattling around in my brain. 

2 comments:

MOM said...

Not to mention the eruption of a volcano!
You have led a remarkably interesting life.

(meg)an said...

I like this.
A lot.

I was particularly moved by numbers 4 and 5.