12.18.2009

Last Day



















Grades submitted, gradebook shoved in the drawer where it resides in the off-season.  I've turned off the music.  I know some will be surprised--and not in a good way--at what they earned this term, so I will have to field some emails.  The desk is still littered with stacks & stacks of paper; some of it needs to be shredded, some filed, and some--well, probably just pitched.  Recycled.  You know what I mean.  Big Brother woke up this morning at 4:00--he'd had a nightmare probably brought on by fever.  Something about spooky hands in his closet--that's the most we could get out of him.  Turns out he has a sinus infection, so we'll be watching that for the next couple of days.  People have been asking if everyone's well at home, and I've been saying, "for now, yes."  And this is why.  One of my colleagues got a hand-knitted toboggan from a student he's been working with.  How awesome is that?  I got a couple of cards, and was glad to get them. 

Well, it's a bittersweet time of year.

No comments: