12.07.2009

Harrod & Funckism



Nothing is random nor will it ever be.
Look to the east away from this tragedy.
With a shake and a fleeting smile, you'll look back at me.

Unable 'cause you're blinded.
Look back at me.
Unable 'cause you've been blinded by this mystery.

("Unable")











Nothing is sweeter than the softness of the hungry sky
When it calls out your name.
Green fields are full of the life of your flowered touch,
And now I'm feeling the same.

I want to know you like a saint, like a beggar man.
I want to cry in your ear.
I want to fly a million worlds out of reason's reach.
I want to touch you right here.

And here I am on time.
Will you throw me a lifeline?
I've seen spirits filled with fear and rotting on the vine,
But your breath is in me now
And I hear it whistle all up and down my mind.

("Lifeline")

**
I saw Cleopatra floatin' down the Nile.
I said, "Hey, won't you share your kingdom with me for awhile."
We rested easy in a city built by slaves,
While the truth hid in mountaintops and caves.

("For your time")

No comments: