7.07.2014

Monday Update, Back to Work Edition

Maya Desk--Dare Studio. Definitely not my office.

Sabbatical is over. I start teaching summer classes tomorrow. I don't know how it is at other institutions, but the summer teaching opportunities have just about completely dried up here. As in many other respects, the pace of change is leaving us grasping at straws, more or less unprepared for the transformations staring us in the face.

I am quite thankful for the time I got this past semester . . . I did an enormous amount of work, and I really do think it may have saved my willingness to be doing this career for the foreseeable future. Still planning to make our way to a new location, but for now I'm able to take the next step.

The Triathlete has impressed this summer with the intensity and variety of her workouts. It is pretty intimidating for a bookish sort like myself, but I'm also proud of how strong she is, i.e., ridiculously strong.  She says she looks forward to riding with me in a couple of weeks while the kids are in Atlanta; I think she will find me . . . slower.

Readjusting to a new kind of schedule, and trying not to let up the research and editing intensity.


No comments: