9.30.2013

Monday Update, time for a change edition




Despite our best efforts, it seems that the time has come to look for another place to live and work. It would take too long to describe all the things that have led us to this point, but I will list a few:

1. My lack of confidence in the administration of my department, college, university, and university system.
2. The Triathlete's recent troubles withe the running club.
3. Our significant misgivings about the elementary school, to say nothing about the ms and hs.
4. We are about to outgrow our house.
5. Mistrust of the leadership at our current church.
6. The town and region are suffocating us.
7. I find that I have to leave work as soon as possible every day for the sake of my sanity.

If it were merely a question of my difficulty at work, I could knuckle down and make it work. But every detail, from home to recreation to work, indicates that a change is necessary. We have been thankful for this place and for what we have experienced as a family...but the well appears to have run dry.

I am looking at the MLA Job Information List to see if there is something I might qualify for, knowing that the opportunities are bound to be slim. It is profoundly unsettling to be in this position. I am thankful that I don't have a replay of the fall of 04--having to apply to everything in sight, guessing I might get a bite somehow. I'm afraid this uncertainty is coloring everything about my performance at work, but what else can I do?

Thank goodness for the old reliable bicycle, and for a couple of trustworthy friends, cause peace of mind is hard to come by right now.

No comments: