3.26.2013

The New Normal revisited



















We continue to adjust to the realities of the here and now; there will be more frequent trips to Nashville and a sense of distraction as chemo treatments for The Runner's mom begin next week.

Driving home from Nashville this past Sunday was very difficult.  I have to admit:  I did not want to return to work, or to return to this town or this region.

On that drive, The Runner encouraged me to start looking for possible places to move. I don't know if I like the idea, because I don't particularly want to go through the hassle of moving, don't want to feel like I wasn't able to make NWTN work long-term, don't want to leave the people here I really appreciate. 

The Runner says that maybe the restlessness of my heart (which, in all honesty, I've suffered from for a couple of years now) is a providential sign that it's time to move on.  I wonder if instead it's part of a brutally painful process of learning humility and patience and self-sacrifice.  I would not claim any special dispensation--I am not a prophet--but I do know that Providence is not always gentle or soothing in what it metes out.

No comments: