3.04.2013

Monday Update, Don't Call it a Break Edition




















We hit midterm "break" just in time for me to submit the rest of my applications.  I should know something definite within a month. I have the time now to appraise my performance the first half of the term, and I'm not at all happy about it. I should have more to show for the course release, and I should be doing better at the courses I'm teaching.

The Runner and I have been having serious conversations about the current direction of my mindset and career.

I spent the first day of this break taking my bike down to Hub City Bicycle to get its first professional once-over in about five years. I'm also upgrading the pedals and getting a new set of bike shoes--I may have fallen victim to an upsell, but oh well.  I should also get a new saddle, but we're going to have to determine the status of our tax refund before anything else happens.

Of course, the other major transaction this week was the new iPad . . . it's going to have to suffice as The Runner's computer until she can get the old Macbook fixed.  It just quit on her. 

Little Red turns five in a couple of days!

No comments: