8.21.2012

Taking Stock


















Given that the school year is about to begin with me still grappling with some doubts about my place, a bit of self-examination seems in order.  What strengths do I possess, and how are they balanced against my weaknesses?

1.  I am an analytical thinker.  I am not particularly creative.
2.  I am a skillful and engaging teacher.  I am not as good at the research phase of my job.
3.  I do not speak overly much.  Sometimes I think I've said more than I actually have.
4.  I am usually kind and compassionate.  I am quick to avoid conflict.
5.  I have a sense of humor about myself.  That sense of humor can be overly self-deprecating.
6.  I mind my own business.  I imagine this can seem cold.
7.  I know the difference between what's important and what isn't.  This can also seem cold.
8.  I am unselfish and loyal.  Not always able to say no when I should.
9.  I am introspective.  Too introspective.  For an example, see this entry.

No comments: