2.06.2012

Monday Update, Shoop Bow Edition
















The Youngest really enjoyed the Super Bowl last night . . . for a couple of hours he shouted "SHOOP BOW" and pointed at the TV.  The others enjoyed it as well, and at the end of the game The Runner was on her knees in the middle of the floor shouting at the TV for the Giants to HOLD THEM!!!

Speaking of Sunday, my second day of teaching Sunday school has come and gone without incident.  I did utter a phrase never before heard in that Sunday school room:  "I know when I drink too much I start talking in Latin!"  I guess I should start memorizing some names in there.

Number One Son had a big event on Friday and Saturday . . . he got to have his first sleepover at a friend's house.  And what's more, they did it as they should have:  they stayed up way too late, didn't give a second thought to their parents, and apparently slept in a tent in the attic rather than in the bedroom.  His first comment, after asking me if mommy had missed him, was:  "I forgot about you and mommy!"  I told him that was a good thing.

To rephrase that Matthew Broderick commercial from last night, if you let your guard down a little, something's gonna jump out and grab you.


1 comment:

Dad/Pappy said...

I agree with Thomas - it was a Shoop Bow and the game was pretty super as well. I was with Weslee in wanting for the Giants to hang on and win - mainly because I like Eli over Tom!!!
Glad the big boy could have a sleep over and not miss Mom and Dad too much. Maybe in the not too distant future he can have a sleep over at Grammy and Pappy's so we can treat him to some fun times in the ATL! Oh how we look forward to that time.