11.14.2011

Monday Update, Weekend from Hades Edition



I contracted a bit of a cold late last week.  My voice failed on Friday.  I was forced to stay home with the Youngest One (who himself was pretty ill) on Saturday while The Runner and the other two went to a birthday party at Ya-Ya's Island.  By Saturday night, I was having violent chills.  Did better yesterday.  Feeling okay today, except that I still have no voice, so I cannot teach.  This is all following the usual progression, but it's no fun.  Doctor?  Why yes.

One of the downsides of my teaching "method":  if I can't hold forth, I can't really hold class.  EL, my pedagogy instructor at UNC, used to tell me that I worked way too hard as a teacher.  In cases like this, one can see her point.

Also no fun:  having a 20 month old who feels like krep but doesn't know how to talk about it, and whose respiratory distress may or may not be:  allergies, asthma, croup, tuberculosis, pneumonia, or the grippe. He is doing much better today, thank goodness.

There are circumstances at work that are making it especially hard to be positive.  I am happy to serve in positions of leadership/service, but I am only able to do my job properly when my superiors do their jobs properly.  There is one in particular who can't be bothered, so it has gotten increasingly frustrating as the fall semester has progressed.  And we still have the rest of Nov., Dec., Jan., Feb., Mar., and Apr. to go.




No comments: