7.12.2010

I'm not lazy. I'm not lazy. I'm not lazy.



Others may be more capable than I, because it doesn't seem to bother them--but I've decided that having three preschoolers in the house is about enough to wear me out.  I have just about given up on doing anything serious (i.e., exercise, reading, writing, "work") this summer; the children are going full tilt at 6:00 or earlier, and by the time they've all settled down at night (usually around 8:30), The Spouse and I are both completely tapped out.

My recent motto is, "expectations are everything," so perhaps if I can realize that this is the way it has to be, and adjust my plans accordingly, I won't feel like such a lazy jerk.  Really!  I'm not! 

n.b.:  children are sly.  They go to sleep, and while sleeping they look so innocent and sweet that they lull the unsuspecting parent into thinking, "awww, it's all worth it." 

1 comment:

Dad said...

I certainly would never accuse you or Wes of being lazy. Part of your challenge is definitely finding time for yourselves when the demands of three boys are so constant. Having been there - to some degree - I do know there will come a day when you will say with full certainty "it was worth it all." I have said that so many times over the years as I feel such a sense of pride over my three sons.