9.19.2009

What a difference a year makes
























"I cannot praise a fugitive and cloistered virtue, unexercised and unbreathed, that never sallies out and sees her adversary, but slinks out of the race, where that immortal garland is to be run for, not without dust and heat."
--Milton, "Areopagitica" (1644)


Well, last year it was one kind of challenge--this year, a different kind of challenge.  Apparently, in payment for all the hunkering down & withdrawing I did last year--the "closing the valves of my attention," so to speak, I'm getting the opportunity to be stretched, tested, refined this year.  This shall be known as my "make-it-or-break-it, do-or-die" year.  Professionally, that is.

1 comment:

MOM said...

You'll do fine! And you'll keep your balance, too! I am confident in you.