9.30.2009

Among the things I have learned this past week















1.  I look at a road like that and think, "maaan, that would be great to ride on."  Even though it's a mountain highway and that kind of a climb would probably kill me.
2.  I have gained a reputation at academic conferences as an "engaging" speaker.  I get more comments on my delivery than my content.  Is that a good thing?  Don't know.


Here upon earth we're kings, and none but we
Can be such kings, nor of such subjects be.
Who is so safe as we? where none can do
Treason to us, except one of us two.
    True and false fears let us refrain,
Let us love nobly, and live, and add again
Years and years unto years, till we attain
To write threescore ; this is the second of our reign.

 (Donne, "The Anniversary")

No comments: