9.29.2008

Come Clean

We'll meet face to face always risking absurdity.
Wondering will you tire of me, it's a sleight of hand.
Well I bet you won't catch me, catch me if you can.

The world's a wonderful place
If you don't mind laughing at your mistakes,
If you don't mind feeling like you've lost your brakes,
And if you don't mind a touch of hell every now and then.

You don't really know me,
The watery muck flowing through my veins?
The psycho-babble on my brain,
Well it's all the rage.

And it drives men wild,
This life unseen,
And I'd do anything
To come clean.

Well, when did everything change?
Is this ache some new twist on growing pains.
I've been holding a fist 'til the blood is drained
And the nails dig in. They may break your skin every now and then.

Now I'm yearning disabled
I'm longing for nothing I'm certain of.
Somehow reluctant to rise above
All the rage.

--Harrod & Funck

No comments: