7.11.2008

Continental Ultra Sport

I guess the "Sport" is tire-maker code for "cheap piece of crap." I got home from my ride this morning only to find that the front tire has gone down again (this makes 3 times in the past 2 weeks). I know that flats are a cyclist's cross to bear, but for heaven's sake.

Time to spend $35 on a bike tire, I guess.

What that meant was that I rode the ol' Schwinn to school. That would be cool if it were indeed an old Schwinn. But this is a Schwinn I bought from Target a couple of years ago. It's fine, I guess, for riding across campus & stuff, but for my commute: ugh. And since I have it on good authority that there is some hilarity when my students see me on my regular bike, I can only imagine what they would think were they to see me on the one I rode today. Yow.

Time to spend $400 on a Townie, I guess!

No comments: