11.30.2007

Grinchy Claus

Help me out. It's a sunny day here in West Tennessee, and W wants us to go get a Fraser Fir to set up and decorate this evening.

I want to go home and climb into bed and emerge only to watch Tennessee get crushed on Saturday (sorry, Buzzrd & Hammie, as is your case with LSU, my hatred of UT knows no bounds).

Herein we have a problem. Tree decorating takes time and a good amount of effort on my part, and this year we have a Little Boy who knows enough to be really thrilled by the whole process. It needs to be done right, by which I mean with enjoyment and enthusiasm on my part. I can't seem to muster the desire.

Why should this season mean that all my energy is poured out in the Andy Holt Humanities building, with only the dregs left to carry home to my family?

UPDATE, 9:00 pm:
Well, we did get a tree and put it up and put lights on it and got about a third of the way through the decorating--Little Boy was having a blast--when we heard a fizz and a pop and saw a tiny flame. Nothing will 're-grinch' your day like having to take all the ornaments and all the lights back off the tree before bedtime.

No comments: