11.10.2007

Fiddler on the Roof at Bethel College

So we went to McKenzie last night to see my brother's drama group perform Fiddler on the Roof. It was a change of pace to a certain extent--most of the other productions we've seen down there have been more comedic in tone. This marks, I guess, his fourth production in a year and a half of work with the Renaissance program down there.

I find it hard to express how much I admire the work he's doing. With a cramped space, scant institutional support (indeed, he has been met with extraordinary hostility by the college faculty), and a really small recruiting pool, he's putting on productions that appeal to a broad community of people. And he really has some fine students: there were four or five students, including the actors playing Tevye, Hodel, Perchik, and Motel, that stood out and could really compete for roles on any college campus. Congratulations, brother.

My dad was up from Atlanta for the production, which made The Little Boy happy; they had a huge time yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments. I am extraordinarily proud of my group. The show got better as the weekend went on...