7.14.2007

Maybe a big breakthrough

from an email from my youngest brother:

By the way, for those of you who don't know, I was contacted the other day by an "art dealer" who found me through my website. He works for an online art dealer called Art Exchange which markets art to high end buyers (hotels, publishers, etc.). They take presentations and booths to big art expos and fairs to develop contacts, and they have several working contracts such as an art selection deal with the group choosing the art for the Trump Collection (yes Donald Trump). They work with something like 3000 artists, and the average income for their artists is $110,000 a year. Pretty impressive.

Well, this guy saw my violinist painting, and he said that they would really like to have that painting at the upcoming Las Vegas Art Expo. In fact, he was extremely complementary, and he said that my painting would easily be the best painting they would bring. He said "It's an attention grabber. Our other artists will do better because that painting will draw people in to the booth."

Now, I have to pay them just like I would any agent, but they only take 10% commission, and my work would be getting incredible exposure. So all that is to say that with Mom and Dad's help (insert "thank you" to parental units here) I've worked a deal with them that will include six of my pieces in their marketing slideshow, which is the main thing everyone looks at during the expo. They have it going nonstop in the booth, and they take it to meetings and presentations with buyers. In addition, I will have space for 20 images on their website, a 90 day feature spot on the home page, and a continued relationship with them for future events. So with a little investment, hopefully this will pay off. I (We) can't afford how much it would cost for me and my work to physically be at the show because of the enormous cost of framing, shipping, plane ticket, etc., but hopefully having my work in the marketing material will pay off.

The show is Sept 27-29, so please be in prayer about it for me. Even if I get just one good contact, it will be worth it. Also, pray that this will motivate me to paint and remember why I love it so much.

No comments: