8.05.2013

Monday Update, New Schools Edition



















Teaching Ecclesiastes in Sunday School.

The last few weeks have been challenging in unexpected ways, as my time has been eaten up by unexpected developments with children and spouse, etc.  Needless to say, my grand plans for achievement this summer have not come to fruition in the way I might have expected. 

Things change dramatically at my house when, starting on Thursday, we have one boy at the local elementary school, one at the primary school, and the youngest going to a three day a week schedule at the day care.  Mornings promise to be most interesting, especially since I also have an 8:00 class three days a week. 

The elder two are ready to get to it, and we are ready for them to get to it.  They have been wound up tighter than bowstrings ever since getting back from their fantastic week at grandparent camp in Atlanta.  Poor Little Red has no idea what to do with all the nervous energy. This makes him irritating to live with. Thankfully, The Runner knows exactly what's going on and how to deal with it. She has the magic touch with him right now, and I say amen to that.

The Runner, speaking of whom, did her second organized biking event this past weekend.  She had a great time.  Her next event is a triathlon. I'd be satisfied with a bike ride that felt like my body was moving correctly.

No comments: